What are PVC-Free Wall Decals?
PVC-free wall decals are decorative decals or stickers that are safe and eco-friendly. We use responsibly sourced HP PVC-free wallpaper. The material is sourced from well-managed forests and contains 10% recycled content. It is environmentally safe, odorless, and printed with GREENGUARD Children & Schools CertifiedSM inks. Plus, it is easy to install and remove from walls by simply using water.
PVC-free wall decals are perfect for a wide range of uses including nurseries, schools, doctor offices, areas for kids, and a great solution for any business that wants to go green or offer a safer environment for their customers. It’s also great for in-home nursery rooms or any child’s room!
This innovative new product is the top choice of healthcare facilities and eco-conscious businesses around the world. This wallpaper is every bit as vibrant and rich as standard materials used for wall murals.
Top Benefits of PVC-Free Wall Decals
Looking for a non-toxic wall decal solution? PVC-free wall decals are the top choice for ensuring health and safety. Indoor air quality (IAQ) is incredibly important for keeping your customers, clients, and products healthy while indoors. Simply stick one of our PVC-free wall decals on your wall to safely update a blank wall!
Our PVC-free wall decals don’t have phthalates. Most wall decals are made using PVC that contains additives like phthalates that help to soften plastic and make it more flexible. However, phthalates can cause adverse health effects. For example, many studies show that phthalates have endocrine-disrupting properties and can have a negative impact on health, especially in young children.
If you are looking to go green, PVC-free wall decals are the way to go. Made with only FSC®-certified paper from responsibly managed forests and containing paper with 10% recycled post-consumer waste, PVC-free is the responsible choice.
PVC-free decals are mold and mildew resistant, so you can use them in a wide range of locations including humid areas like bathrooms with no problem.
Both water-resistant and flame resistant, our PVC-free wall decals are sure to last. If used indoors (away from the sun) they have a 20+ year lifespan and if on a commercial window display (in the sun) they can last up to 3 years.
We can custom print any graphic or photograph to PVC-free wallpaper to use as a wall mural or decal. We use vibrant GREENGUARD Children & Schools CertifiedSM inks that leave a beautiful matte finish.
Best Uses for PVC-Free Wall Decals
Here are some of the best uses for PVC-free material:
- Hospitals and healthcare facilities
- Special-needs facilities
- Schools and daycare centers
- Eco-conscious businesses
- LEED Certified buildings
- Adult-care facilities
- Kids bathroom
- Child’s room
Just like any of our custom wall decals, our PVC-free wall decals are incredibly versatile and can fit a vast array of needs. You can custom design a full, wrap-around wall mural that stretches the length of a long hallway. Or, you can print a catchy motto or inspirational quote to display on your wall or storefront. The options are completely unlimited!
Looking for a custom cut? We are happy to custom cut your PVC-free wall decal however you’d like it! You can create your own custom PVC-free stickers in any custom shape!
With incredibly easy install and removal, you have the flexibility of updating your space according to your needs. You can display a new business offer, post business hours, or transform rental walls without the hassle of paint.
Do you need an eco wall decal to remind customers to practice social distancing, wash hands, or wear masks? PVC-free wall decals are a great non-toxic solution that won’t take up any additional space. Post them on store walls or on bathroom doors to reinforce the message. You can even pair the reminder with a floor decal for measuring out the 6 feet!
Winning Features of PVC-Free Wall Decals
- FSC® Certified material
- GREENGUARD Children & SchoolsSM Certified wallpaper
- Meet AgBB criteria
- Odorless material
- HP Latex Ink with the ECOLOGO and GREENGUARD certifications.
- Vivid color, high-definition detail
- Ultra-smooth, matte finish
- Quick installation and removal with only water
- Mold and mildew resistant
- Flame and water-resistant
- Made with at least 10% post-consumer recycled materials
- Indoor display permanence up to 20 years
- HP Warranty
Sizing for PVC Free Wall Decals
PVC free wall decals are incredibly versatile when it comes to size options.
Our printing capabilities cover a wide range from 6” to 240”, wide and high. The material itself comes in a wide range of sizes with a max width of 4.5 feet. However, for coverage greater than that, we can easily piece together several pieces to create a seamless mural or wall display.
Remember, these decals can wrap around corners or even extend onto the ceiling, so make sure to calculate the size correctly according to your wall design.
For similar sizing options check out our custom wall murals.
Our team is available to deliver and install our PVC-free wall decals anywhere in Southern California, including San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles. For certain corporate and enterprise projects our team can fly to your business.
We highly recommend professional installation for any large projects greater than 10 feet. Contact us for more information.
For smaller projects, PVC-free wall decals are easy to install yourself. We deliver your custom wall decals on easy to remove the backing to guarantee installation is simple and straightforward. All you need is water!
Generally, we recommend a few other tools to make the process as easy for you as possible including a sponge, spray bottle (filled with water), razor knife, and plastic squeegee.
Installation Steps for PVC-free Decals
- Make sure your decal is at room temperature.
- Prepare the wall surface. Ensure it’s clean and dry.
- Once the surface is prepared, mark where your design will be displayed using something you can easily remove (such as masking tape).
- With your decal printed side face-down, spray the back of your PVC free decal material with water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. During this time you can spray additional panels if necessary and time permitting.
- After five minutes, you can carefully lift your panel. Line up the top edge to where your panel needs to go. Carefully press the decal onto the desired surface pressing firmly to secure the decal to the wall.
- Thoroughly press the sticker to the surface and make sure to apply pressure across the entire decal to ensure proper adhesion.
- If desired, you can use a squeegee to more easily adhere the decal to the surface and press out any air pockets or bubbles.
- Using the damp sponge, gently clean the surface and edges of the decal to clean it of any excess adhesive.
- If you have additional panels or decals to install, you can move on to the next and repeat the process.
- Trim any excess decal material with the razor knife, if necessary.
- The adhesion is instant, but allow up to 24 hours for full adhesion.
Feel free to contact the Wallcovering Installers Association if you are interested in having an outside professional install your decal.
Life Span of PVC-Free Wall Murals
The shelf life of the material is listed by the manufacturer at one-year, but fully installed murals will last several years, depending on the conditions. More exposure to outside elements can degrade the material faster, but in a closed indoor environment, the PVC-Free wall murals will last many good years.
Guidelines from HP:
- Operating Temperature 15 to 30° C / 59 to 86° F
- Operating Humidity 15 to 80% RHSUB
The manufacturer HP lists permanence as follows:
- Display Permanence (Indoor home or office) 20+ years, away from direct sun with HP Latex Inks
- Display Permanence (Commercial in-window) Up to 3 years, unlaminated with HP Latex Inks
For a full data-sheet, please see the PVC-Free Wallpaper data sheet.
Caring for Your PVC-Free Wall Murals
These custom wall decals are easy to wash with a slightly damp, gentle cloth. Do not use strong cleaners or scrubs that will scratch the surface or cause the decal to peel away from the surface.
Local Delivery and Installation
We are happy to deliver and install our PVC-free wall decals anywhere in San Diego and North Orange County.
Once we have completed your custom PVC-free wall decals, we will ship them to you anywhere within the United States. Depending on your order size we may offer free or expedited shipping. Please contact us using the form to get the exact details, and we will ensure your experience is amazing!