What are Mesh Banners?
So, what exactly is a mesh banner? Unlike most standard outdoor banners, mesh banners have series of tiny holes in the fabric. Like a mesh weave, these holes allow air to flow through. This means that wind won’t catch your banner, it will just flow through it. If you’ve ever dealt with heavy winds blowing away your signage, you know what a terrible hassle that can be. Custom mesh banners, however, can withstand even high winds! And because the mesh holes are so small, mesh banner printing turns out great. Unlike the ugly old-school banners with giant slits in them, your graphics and message will be stunning and seamless on printed mesh banners.
Mesh Banners are perhaps one of the most functional and versatile types of banners currently on the market. These banners are frequently seen on exterior scaffolding and larger renovation projects, but printed mesh banners can additionally be found in a variety of locations such as arenas, on stages and at outdoor events.
Top Features of Printed Mesh Banners
Mesh banner printing is most appropriate for large display, such as on the side of a building, a fence, or a stadium.
- Printed large format, these banners are ideally seen from a distance. This means the holes aren’t visible, but some light will still pass through to illuminate the graphics.
- Placed over the facade of a building, printed mesh banners still provide visibility from the windows inside. Placing a custom mesh banner over the facade of your building is an especially great idea if it’s near a highway or busy intersection. It can also help to reduce cooling costs.
- The fact that wind passes through these banners means less wear and tear, extending the lifespan of your banner.
- If hanging a mesh banner during the hot summer months, printed mesh banners provide the perfect combination of shade and breeze for optimal cooling.
- Even when it’s windy out, mesh banners do not whip around, fold up, or prevent the onlookers from reading what’s written on them. You will never have to worry about the possibility of lost branding opportunities or sales.
Best Uses for Custom Mesh Banners
- Outdoor events such as festivals, celebrations and concerts
- As store front banners
- Stage backdrops
- For chain link fence mesh banners
- Positioned in the back of bleacher seating
- Placed between light pole signage
- I-Beam covers
- For stadium section covers and signage
- Barricade covers
- For buildings located near highways, hung on the facade
- On construction sites showcasing the construction company
- On residential condo construction sites showcasing the amenities
Installing Your Custom Mesh Banners
The light weight of mesh fabric makes installing your banner an easy process. You can suspend your banner between posts using ropes or bungee cords attached to each grommet. Zipties work great for attaching your banner to a chain link fence. If you are interested in displaying your banner from poles, ask us about installing pole pockets onto your custom print.
Custom Mesh Banner Printing Options
There are lots of printing options but here are a few:
- 260gsm material for durable banners which last up to 7 years
- High resolution 1440dpi printing with eco-friendly solvent inks that provide crisp and vibrant full colour mesh banners
- 9mm brass eyelets spaced 2 feet apart and hemming as standard (other options, like pole pockets, are available on request)
- Create almost any size for truly custom mesh printed banners
Caring for your Custom Mesh Banners
Because of the light weight material, mesh banners are exceptionally easy to clean. Depending on the size, some may even be small enough to put in a standard home washing machine with gentle detergents. And with small holes throughout the fabric, these banners dry very quickly. Otherwise, lightly scrubbing your printed mesh banner with a non-abrasive cloth soaked in soapy water will do the trick. You can hose it off to rinse it when done, and hang it up to dry. If you’re worried about wrinkles and creases, a few hours of sun exposure will help to iron out the fabric. It should be noted that these banners should not be put in the dryer (to avoid shrinking), and should never be folded, rolled, or stored while wet. Always hang your banner to dry, and dry it completely.
Mesh banner printing is done with special UV protected and solvent inks for long life and a quality finish in the application you require. Because of this, they can last 10+ years with proper care. All custom mesh banners by Coastal Creative come with a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty.
Local Delivery & Installation
We are happy to deliver and install custom mesh banners to all of San Diego and South Orange County.
Once we’ve completed your custom mesh banner printing, we’ll ship it to you anywhere within the United States. Depending on your order size we may offer free or expedited shipping. Please contact us using the form to get the exact details, and we’ll ensure your experience is amazing!