What are Custom Backlit Signs?
Custom backlit signs are prints on a specially crafted Duratrans adhesive vinyl. This Kodak product functions as a photo transparency film. That means when lights shine behind the printed vinyl, the material illuminates and displays magnificent, full-color designs.
For best results, we recommend customers use this printed vinyl in a lightbox that provides a light source.
What is Duratrans?
Duratrans is the most popular print material for custom backlit signs. Not to mention, it is a Kodak Professional product. You can trust that it is both time tested and engineered with optimal performance in mind.
With the Kodak brand name, it’s no surprise this material requires a photographic print process. It’s important to realize that unlike ink printing, which produces many tiny dots, custom backlit signs require a developing process. That is to say. They are more like photos with color saturation at a molecular level. Using this type of process produces prints with a continuous tone for beautiful full-color saturation.
Remember, light is a crucial component of this vinyl’s design. Whatever shape or print you choose, the material will showcase your design perfectly, especially if you use a lightbox or install a backlight.
Top Benefits of Custom Backlit Signs
Custom backlit signs are a great option for around the clock signage. The material offers businesses both indoor or outdoor solutions. Plus, with glowing backlights behind your design, it will shine brightly whether it’s day or night. Given that, you can trust these signs are working 24/7!
The durable, Duratrans vinyl is not only perfect for displaying saturated, rich colors, but it is also easy to install, long-lasting, and easy to remove.
You can customize your printed material for your backlit sign as you like. We can take your design and print it exactly to your specs straightaway. This signage option is one of the most reputable for replicating colors on every end of the spectrum. For example, photography galleries often use backlit lights to display photos. This gives gallery visitors the ability to see the full range of colors captured.
In the event that you need a custom cut, we have the ability to cut your print however you’d like. So long as you send us the specifications for your design, we can cut your vinyl to size. This includes die-cut options for contour cuts and lettering.
Winning Features of Custom Backlit Signs
- Duratrans material- Kodak Professional product
- Semi-translucent material
- Designed to be illuminated
- Full-color UV prints
- Indoor and outdoor
- Day and night
- Custom cut
- Custom design
- Easy installation and removal
Print Options for Custom Backlit Signs
All our prints for custom backlit signs include the full spectrum of colors. So no matter the complexity of your design, we are able to print it!
Order your prints with a gloss laminate for extra durability.
Reach out to us with any of your customization questions or considerations. Or, if interested, our design team is happy to work with you to get you the perfect backlit sign for your business or personal project.
Sizing for Custom Backlit Signs
We offer a wide range of sizing options for projects big or small.
Our team is available to deliver and install our custom backlit signs anywhere in Southern California, including San Diego, Orange County, and Los Angeles.
Installation of custom backlit signs is super simple and can typically be done alone. Instructions will also be included in your order.
A few items to collect for easier and hassle-free installation: Spray bottle, dish soap, paper towels, and window squeegee.
- Prepare your lightbox panel, acrylic surface, or glass. Ensure it’s freshly cleaned and completely dry.
- Once the surface is ready, create a solution by combining 3 drops of dish soap (not hand soap) into 1 gallon of water. Mix thoroughly and then transfer the solution into a spray bottle.
- Take your decal and lay it down on a flat surface. Lay it down with the back liner facing up towards you.
- Carefully begin to remove the back liner. As you slowly remove the liner, simultaneously spray the solution onto the exposed decal surface. Spray generous amounts.
- Next, spray down the surface where the decal will be installed.
- Ensure that the decal’s adhesive side is sufficiently wet and make sure the intended surface where you will place your decal is sufficiently wet.
- Next, carefully place your decal on the desired surface. The application solution creates a surface adhesion that allows room for you to slide the decal exactly into the right position.
- Once you’ve perfectly aligned your decal to the underlying surface, take the backing liner and lay it over the decal.
- Using the squeegee, begin to run it carefully across the surface, starting from the center. Simultaneously, press firmly while running the squeegee from the center to the right edge and then from the center to the left edge.
- Continue this process until you’ve completely removed any trapped air bubbles and the excess application solution.
- Clean the edges of the decal with paper towels to remove the excess solution.
- It may take several days for the adhesive to dry and bind fully.
Lifespan of Custom Backlit Signs
Our custom backlit signs come with a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty and a 3-year installation warranty (should we install the product for you).
Often backlit signage lasts for 3+ years, especially if located indoors, out of direct sunlight, and if properly installed.
Caring for Your Custom Backlit Signs
Regularly clean your sign with a damp, gentle rag.
For optimal visual effect, keeping these signs clean is important! Dirt and debris will impact the ability for the light to shine through the material and negatively affect the overall look.
Do not ever power wash signs or windows with backlit sign material. This can damage the material or even the lightbox onto which it is installed.
Local Delivery and Installation
We are happy to deliver and install our custom backlit signs anywhere in Southern California.
For certain corporate and enterprise projects we are happy to discuss additional options with you. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
Once your order is ready, we’ll ship it to you anywhere within the United States. Depending on your order size we may offer free or expedited shipping. Please contact us using the form to get the exact details, and we’ll ensure your experience is amazing!