Choosing a wall decal for your home can feel overwhelming, which is why we’ve created this list of popular wall decals for you.
Wall decals add a touch of personalization to your space. They have the power to make a house feel like a home.
You can draw inspiration from just about anything when it comes to the best wall decals for your home. We can make magic out of your favorite plant, phrase, quote, or even a map of your home state.
If you’re worried about whether wall decals are out of style: don’t worry. Sure, some people might overdo it, but we promise to guide you in terms of making the best decal choice to suit your home.
For now, here’s that list we promised you.
What This Article Covers:
Boho decals have become super popular. Think shades of brown, cream, and white, with elements of nature mixed in between flowy shapes.
This style of the decal is perfect for the modern home, whether it’s occupied by a single person or a family. The muted shades bring about a sense of peace and relaxation.
It’s the perfect addition to city or suburban homes. In a city home, this style contrasts with the busy life you might have outside your home. In a suburban home, it complements the quieter lifestyle. Either way, boho decal styles have a unique charm about them.
If you want to include some color in your boho wall decal design, we can make that happen. We suggest muted pinks or greens complement the style of the art while giving them a pop of color.
Quirky phrases are the perfect contemporary wall decals. We find they’re most popular in family homes, but they can be adjusted to fit into the style of your bachelor pad or city home as well.
Here are some examples of quirky phrases that can be made into wall decals:
- “Have I gone mad? You’re entirely bonkers, but I’ll tell you a secret. All the best people are.” – Alice in Wonderland
- “Today you are you. That is truer than true. There is no one alive who is you-er than you.” – Dr. Seuss
- “This kitchen is seasoned with love.”
- “We may not have it all together, but together we have it all.”
The possibilities are endless. We can make wall decals for any room in your house using your favorite quotes or quirky phrases.
We think these are great conversation starters when guests come over. They can also be used as a tool to remind your children of a key message you’re teaching them, such as love and acceptance.
Nature-inspired decals are among the most popular vinyl decals. There are quite a few styles you can choose from, depending on your taste.
Here are a few options:
- Evergreen leaves or vines: These decals are beautiful and make your home feel cozy. They have the ability to make you feel closer to nature. We can make these in the form of vines, delicious monsters, ivy, and more.
- Bright peonies: These are a classic, ultra-popular option. They’re usually bright pink, but we can make them in any color for you. They’re a great addition to a baby’s room, bringing brightness and a sense of cheerfulness to the space.
- Nature scenes: We can create entire nature scenes as well. These are popular in family homes, as they can help everything feel more grounded. Think anything from a rising sun to roaming animals.
- Trees of life: A fan favorite. We can make these in various styles according to your taste. We’ll also help you decide what size would best suit your space.
Watercolors are a great idea for cool wall art decals. They’re often also nature-inspired, but their colors are much softer than the above option.
Flowers and vines look beautiful in a watercolor style. They’re a great addition to an art studio or a tween bedroom, and they can be changed as your child grows older and interests change.
They can also be more abstract. Simple shapes can be put together in a watercolor style to create a background for a room. These are popular in family living rooms to bring new life to the room.
This style brings an artistic touch to any space. They don’t try to mimic realistic looks, such as real flowers, but they still bring the essence of nature into your space.
Maps also make for awesome wall decals. They can be used to shine a light on your hometown, or even a city you long to visit.
A popular option is a map of your home state. However, if you’re not that into your hometown, we can create a design around where you currently live, or even a continent you wish to visit.
Map decals can even be used for educational purposes. We can create interactive world maps for children’s rooms or home classrooms, and you can teach them about the world they live in this way. It’s a great option for teaching children how big the world is.
These decals can be combined with words, phrases, or poems that commemorate the places depicted.
Map decals are usually black and white, and put on a bright colored wall. If your wall is a more muted color and you want a bright custom-printed wall mural, we can make that happen.
Get in touch, and we’ll work our magic to brighten your home.
Did you enjoy reading our blog? Then consider checking other guides:
- Cool Window Decals
- Best Window Decals
- Popular Window Decals
- Types of Vinyl Decals
- Premium Vinyl Decals
- How to Apply Wall Decals
- Do Wall Decals Work on Textured Walls
- What to Do When Wall Decals Won’t Stick
- Commercial Wall Decals
- Classroom Wall Decals
- Math Classroom Wall Decals
- Pediatric Wall Decals
- Restaurant Wall Decal
- Art Room Wall Decals
- Outdoor Wall Decals